Learn About Our Admissions
McMurry University will REQUEST and PAY for your transcripts when you complete and sign the Transcript Release form as part of the application process.
FREE EVALUATION OF TRANSFER CREDIT FOR ONLINE PROGRAMS
Training, academy, military, and college credits will be evaluated for transfer credit. When you submit the application for admission, you will indicate which organizations you want evaluated for transfer credit.
McMurry will accept and award credit for college-level academic courses taken at regionally accredited institutions of higher learning subject to some limitations. The credit must be recorded on the college or university’s official academic transcript.
McMurry University has adopted the plan for transfer of coursework from two-year institutions as set forth by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. The following exceptions apply:
- Remedial and vocational coursework and grades of “D” and below will not be accepted for transfer but are considered in the admissions decision.
- If you have completed only remedial work at the college level, you will be evaluated as a freshmen.
- Courses generally viewed as non-academic courses are not accepted for transfer credits.
- Athletic/sports participation and conditioning type courses taken in conjunction with or specifically for athletic participation are not accepted for transfer credit.
- You may transfer a maximum of 66 semester hours from a two-year college. No course taken at a two-year college can be transferred as upper division (3000 and 4000) work.
- No coursework will be accepted from an institution that is not regionally accredited.
OTHER TYPES OF CREDIT THAT MAY APPLY
Credit for Police Academy and advanced training will be determined on an individual basis.
Military service school courses are evaluated and may be accepted for credit by McMurry University according to the recommendations of the American Council of Education’s Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services (ACE Evaluation Guide), current edition.
Anyone in the military services may request an unofficial evaluation of credit which will be awarded upon successful completion of appropriate subject CLEP examinations. (General CLEP exams are not accepted for credit.)
Any credits that are to be awarded by evaluation, CLEP, or examination will not be officially recognized by McMurry University until a minimum of 12 semester hours has been successfully completed in residence at the main campus, at McMurry-Dyess Air Force Base Program, or in the McMurry Online Degrees program.
Final acceptance of transfer courses, course equivalency, and credits awarded toward a degree at McMurry is subject to the approval of the Registrar. Your academic advisor will be able to review the results of your transcript evaluation with you.